Your initial appointment will consist of a working appointment to do the endodontic procedure if your dentist has determined that it is definitely needed. However, you may need a consultation appointment if:
- A diagnosis has to be made since the cause of the discomfort is unclear and has to be determined.
- If retreatment of a root canal procedure is needed. Various treatment options will be discussed during a consultation visit before an appointment is made for treatment.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your referral slip and any radiographs, if applicable
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- If you have dental insurance, bring the necessary completed forms. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to endodontic treatment (i.e. artificial heart valves and joints, high blood pressure, diabetes, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are on any medication (i.e. anticoagulant therapy, baby aspirin, heart medications, medications such as Fosamax, Boniva, Actonel, etc.)
If your dentist or physician has taken radiographs, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.